A 15-YEAR-OLD was treated by paramedics after being stung in the sea at Teignmouth beach.
RNLI Lifeguards asked for an ambulance to attend after the boy suffered an allergic reaction to something in the water.
Red blotches appeared on the boy's skin but he was breathing fine and did not need to be taken to hospital.
A spokesman for HM Coastguard said it did not know what had stung the youth and there had been no recent reports of jellyfish stings in the area.
The incident happened on Monday, August 19 at about 4pm.