Login Register
 °

Electrical fire in supermarket

By EGaskarth  |  Posted: July 21, 2012

Comments (0)

A supermarket in Chudleigh had to be evacuated this morning after a small fire broke out in its air conditioning unit.

Three fire crews were dispatched to the Co-op on Market Way just before 9.30am after reports of smoke issuing from the premises. 

When they arrived the building was "slightly smoke logged" but nobody had been injured. 

A thermal imaging camera was used and the power supply to the unit was isolated and made safe before the shop was ventilated.

A member of staff at the store said: "There was a small fire caused by an electrical fault. It's all fine now though and it's business as usual."

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES