Login Register

Injured man found 'bleeding heavily' in Kingsbridge fire flat

By GuyHenderson  |  Posted: February 27, 2013

Comments (0)

POLICE are investigating an incident in Kingsbridge early on Wednesday in which an injured man was found unconscious in a flat.

The alarm was raised at 6.30am at Kings Market in Fore Street.a neighbour in the flat above reported a smoke detector sounding for hours, but no sign of fire and music playing.

The neighbour said he believed the occupant was in the flat.

A fire service spokesman said the crew had difficulty gaining entry via the front door and eventually got in via a window using a ladder.

Once inside, they found a man aged around 40 unconscious on the floor. Food that had been left unattended on the cooker had been on fire, but was out when the firefighters arrived.

The flat was heavily smoke-logged and the man was suffering from smoke inhalation and also bleeding heavily from a wound.

The crew gave first aid until an ambulance arrived.

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters