Login Register
 °

Iron starts fire at house in Paignton.

By HeraldExpress  |  Posted: December 27, 2012

fireengine
Comments (0)

A house in Paignton was left severely smoke damaged after the owner left the iron on.

Two crews were sent to Longstone Road at 10.45am today.

They broke down the front door to get inside the family home and found the unattended appliance had caused a small fire.

The owner, who had been out shopping, then returned to find his house badly damaged by smoke.

Firefighters have issued a warning to homeowners not to leave the house without checking appliances are switched off.

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES