Login Register

Kitchen fire in Paignton

By mwill  |  Posted: October 14, 2012

Comments (0)

The Fire Service received a call from a concerned neighbour to alarms operating and wisps of smoke inside a domestic property at Occombe Valley Road, Windmill, Paignton. Two fire appliances from Paignton fire station attended.

Fire crews confirmed smoke inside a two storey house and gained entry via a first floor window.

Crews found a small fire involving a gas cooker within the ground floor kitchen, which was extinguished by breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.  The property was slightly damaged by smoke.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. No-one was hurt.

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES