Login Register

Man treated after Paignton kitchen fire

By This is SouthDevon  |  Posted: December 05, 2012

fireengine
Comments (0)

THE kitchen of a house in Paignton was badly damaged in a fire on Monday night in which a man was treated for the effects of smoke.

The incident happened just after 5pm at the house in Great Headland Road, Preston.

The Fire Service were called to reports of the smell of smoke and the fire alarm sounding.

Two appliances from Torquay were sent.

The fire was in the first floor kitchen of a two-storey property, and crews used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets, a covering jet and positive pressure ventilation.

They then asked for backup as they were unsure if there was anyone still inside the property.

The man was rescued from the property suffering effects of smoke inhalation and was placed in the hands of paramedics.

The kitchen received 70 per cent damage by fire.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidential.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • wiscot  |  December 04 2012, 6:22PM

    Where does it state in the article, MaryGee, that the resident was a pensioner?

    Rate   3
    Report
  • MaryGee  |  December 04 2012, 5:27PM

    Another good reason why pensioners should be in a home.

    Rate   -4
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES

       
       
       

      MOST POPULAR