PAIGNTON'S Parkfield is gearing up for a series of fundraising activities for the 2012 Children in Need Appeal.
A sponsored silence, BMX riding, climbing and a tag team challenge are just some of events taking place at the Torbay Council run youth centre.
Parkfield's fundraising efforts culminate in a big event on Saturday 17 November.
* Thursday 15 November, 7pm - 9pm: A group of 11 girls will be doing a sponsored silence for two hours during Parkfield’s Youth Club.
* Friday 16 November, 8pm - 9pm: Becky’s Quiz Night. Parkfield Recreation Assistant, Becky will be holding a quiz for 11 - 17 year olds with a £1 entry fee.
* Saturday 17 November, all day. Events include:
- The Junior Youth Club is holding a Tag Team Challenge, which involves running 80 times around the sports hall in 30 minutes.
- 14 year old member, Sophie Hunt, is being sponsored to ride around Parkfield's BMX track for one hour without stopping.
- 17 year old member, Terri Jackson, will be singing a compilation of her songs she has made for Children in Need in the café area.
- Face painting for Parkfield members will be available in café area during the afternoon.
- Climbing wall challenge to scale the height of Mount Snowden (1085 metres).
- A karaoke will be held in the café during the afternoon and everyone is welcome to come along and have a go.
Now on sale at Parkfield are Children in Need Appeal wrist bands and raffle tickets for a home made Pudsey Bear cake donated by the café. Visitors can also pay 25p to guess the number of sweets in a jar. The results of 'guess the number of sweets' competition and the raffle draw for the Pudsey cake will both take place at 2.30pm on Saturday 17 November in the café area.
Executive Lead for Children, Schools and Families, Councillor Chris Lewis, said: "Children in Need is all about changing the lives of disadvantaged young people and so it is appropriate that Parkfield youth centre and young members are supporting such a worthy cause. Two of my sons are actually taking part in these fundraising events at Parkfield.
"All the young people who have spent time organising these events and those who will be taking part in should be congratulated for their charitable spirit. I'm hoping that many people will support them over the coming week and help them raise lots of money."
For more details about events taking place at Parkfield call 01803 698900 or visit www.parkfieldtorbay.co.uk. You can also follow Parkfield on Facebook and Twitter.