Login Register

Torquay Pavilion plan not yet for viewing

By Herald Express  |  Posted: May 22, 2014

By TINA CROWSON

Comments (0)

PLANS for redeveloping Torquay Pavilion are still not available for public scrutiny.

Torbay Council announced in mid-April the application for Torquay Pavilion and the marina car park had been submitted by Nicolas James Group.

But the application can not yet be viewed by the public because it has still to be 'validated'.

The group is proposing to redevelop Torquay Pavilion into a new 60-bed hotel with shops, restaurants, cafes, 45 apartments and other works.

Related content

A Torbay Council spokesman said: "It is regular practice for the full submission of all documents related to applications to take several weeks to arrive from the date of the first submission. "

A spokesman for Nicolas James Group said: "I don't think it is cause for concern. We wouldn't pay a planning application fee of some £30,000 if we weren't going ahead with the plan."

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES