Login Register

Torquay fire crews called to Ellacombe house blaze

By Herald Express  |  Posted: January 24, 2014

Comments (3)

TWO fire crews from Torquay were called to a house in Ellacombe Road in the early hours of Friday.

The alarm was raised at 1.53am with reports of a building on fire.

Crews found that there had been a small fire involving an electric heater in a ground floor sitting room. The fire was out by the time the crews arrived.

An elderly man was checked by the Ambulance Service as a precaution.

Firefighters said the property was twenty per cent affected by the smoke on the ground floor level.

The fire was accidental.

Read more from Torquay Herald Express

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters


  • iseveryidused  |  January 24 2014, 2:22PM

    I agree, sloppy standards irritate me: "Herald" "their" "it's"

    |   1
  • athlonman  |  January 24 2014, 1:36PM

    Glad to see the herald is once again accurate in there picture selection, its laughable.