Login Register

Tumble drier sparks Torquay fire alert

By Herald Express  |  Posted: November 30, 2012

Comments (0)

AN electrical fault in a tumble drier sparked an alert in Torquay town centre.

Three residents in a flat in Castle Lane, off Market Street, called the fire service on Friday night (pictured) when a smoke alarm went off and they found smoke and flames coming out of the drier.

A fire spokesman said they did the right thing closing the door of the room and leaving the flat.

A mother and two-year-old child also evacuated a flat next door.

Two Torquay fire crews attended and used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel.

There was fire and smoke damage to the room and smoke damage to the rest of the flat.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR