Login Register

Discussion

“Having just attended the St Marychurch precinct christmas party I have to say good effort....but an opportunity missed!

Last week I went to the Newton Abbot Christmas market, also held in a pedestrian precinct, and was delighted to see dozens of stalls selling gifts, food and all sorts. The shops were buzzing (and full of shoppers), but at St Marychurch more than half the shops were closed, several others although open never even bothered to have their doors open....on a very mild night.
I went to tonights St Marychurch event half expecting to see a street full of Christmas market stalls, but instead left after less than twenty minutes feeling deflated and dissapointed.

Is it a wonder people are flocking to Newton Abbot and Exeter to do their shopping and attend the Christmas markets they are holding?”

By Palerider Posted: December 18, 2012

1 comment

Replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • BillyGoat  |  December 22 2012, 1:37PM

Jaundiced humbug sir. I was there and everyone i spoke to remarked on what a pleasant experience it was. There were very few closed shops and a festive atmosphere, well done St marychurch.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!