Login Register
 °

Discussion

“WHATS THE POINT IN PICKING UP YOUR DOG WASTE IF THE COUNCIL ARENT EMPTING THE BINS OFTEN ENOUGH???
Dog Waste Bins not being collected. I was walking my dogs down goodrington beach late Saturday afternoon and the dog bin was over filled, surrounded with bags of dog poo. Many will blame the dog owners but NO! The council should be empting them more often. It looks disgraceful for all to view. and does not provide a good impression to any. attempted to upload picture but it wouldnt allow me. this isnt the first time ive seen dog poo bins over filled. The council employ the 'dog poo fairy' who will happily tell you off and fine you for not picking your dog waste up, but we have to deal with looking at and attempting to place dog waste in over filled bins. How about we fine the council?? LOL”

By craiglee1990 Posted: January 06, 2013

5 comments

5 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • ineedtherapy  |  January 07 2013, 12:15PM

Accepting all the points that you have made and in particluar that the bins are now full for the 1st time but bearing in mind the recent holiday period is that such a surprise ? You could of course always take it home and dispose of it yourself - would this really require that much effort either physically or mentally ?

• craiglee1990  |  January 07 2013, 5:31PM

Why would I want to take it home with me! Would you?? (I think not,) At the end of the day a dog owner or not its not nice to see any bins overfilled wether that's dog waste bins or general bins! We all pay enough council tax they waste it on a stupid palm tree to make a good impression of torquay but then bins all over the bay are over filled and not emptied. Great impression ;)

• ineedtherapy  |  January 08 2013, 12:17PM

No...i would not WANT to take it home but would accept that in the event of the bin being full that there is an element of personal responsibility in preventing the eyeshore of an overflowing bin. The main point here is "personal responsibility" and not a total reliance on somebody else cleaning up after you. Agree about the palm tree though

• debbiethecat  |  February 22 2013, 10:32PM

If bins are provided it is the responsibility of the provider to ensure they are fit for purpose, simple.

• TheIntruder  |  April 20 2013, 3:05PM

If YOUR dog is pooing on the pavement, it is the responsibility of the owner to make sure it is removed and dispensed with in a fitting manner. Even if that means taking it home and putting it in YOUR bin. Take responsibility or don't have a dog. SIMPLE.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!