Login Register

Empty flat gutted by fire

By Herald Express  |  Posted: February 28, 2013

Comments (0)

AN UNOCCUPIED flat was gutted by fire at Clovelly Rise in Paignton.

Three fire engines were sent due to the large number of 999 calls from the public as smoke belched from the two-storey building.

Fire crews were sent into the smoke-filled building to confirm it was empty.

Blue watch fire crew commander Clint Hayes said: "It was quite a serious fire in the lower flat's front bedroom.

"There was thick acrid smoke and it was well-developed when we arrived. It was out within about 20 minutes of our arrival.

"There was nobody in either flat at the time but the downstairs flat was pretty much gutted."

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR